The pancake they won't know is vegan

I know, I know. I've been terrible at blogging lately, and when I do blog, I don't give you yummy recipes to make because I'm too busy analyzing my colleagues 17 ways to Sunday.

I'm working on it.

Today I'm giving you an epic recipe for vegan pancakes that will pass the test of non-vegans-thinking-they-have-animal-stuff-in-them. It doesn't get much better than pancakes, but it doesn't get any better than vegan pancakes that taste like they're full of the best things in life.

They're super easy. They're super yummy. Enjoy!


Vegan pancakes
Makes 8 (4") pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup almond milk

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the oil and almond milk and whisk until more or less smooth (a few lumps is fine).

Using a piece of waxed paper or your fingers, generously oil a skillet or frying pan with vegetable oil so that the pancakes won't stick. Heat the pan over medium or medium-high heat until it sizzles when you put a drop of water into the pan.

Scoop the batter out by large spoonfuls (about 3 Tablespoons per pancake) and let cook until lots of bubbles are forming on the top and the bottom is browning when you lift a corner. Flip and cook until the second side is browned. Repeat until you've used all of the batter.

Serve hot with vegan butter and maple syrup.

Comments